- Tour code: T88SD05
- Duration: 7 days/6 nights
- Departure: every Saturday
- Group size: 2-12 pax
- Transport: car, cyclo, boat
- Route: Noi Bai Airport – Hanoi city tour – Mai Chau – Halong Bay – Departure
Itinerary in brief:
- Day 1 (Sat): Hanoi – Arrival
- Day 2 (Sun): Hanoi – Mai Chau
- Day 3 (Mon): Mai Chau – Hanoi
- Day 4 (Tue): Hanoi – City tour
- Day 5 (Wed): Hanoi – Halong Bay – Paloma Cruise
- Day 6 (Thu): Halong Bay – Hanoi
- Day 7 (Fri): Hanoi – Departure
- Enjoy the unique water puppet performance at Thang Long Puppet Theater
- Exciting trip to the untouched Natural Reserve Of Pu Luong to discover the stunning landscapes of nature, riding on on the legendary Ma River.
- Visit the most famous beauty spots of Hanoi
- Take a cyclo riding to around Hanoi Old Quarters
- An amazing trip to the world heritage site of Halong Bay on Paloma, 4-star cruiser
- Early bird booking (2 months): Discount 10%
Itinerary in details:
Day 1- Saturday: Noi Bai Arrival (D)
Upon arrival at Noi Bai Airport, our tour guide will pick you up and transfer to Hanoi center. Check in hotel and then free time at your leisure.
dinner and followed by a water puppet show.
Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Day 2- Sunday: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Pu Luong (B/L/D)
08.00 Depart from Hanoi to Mai Chau. Daydream as we drive a safe route with spectacular views around every bend. Upon arrival at Poom Coom village in Mai Chau, we will take a short walk to visit the ethnic Thai people, then lunch will be served at local home.
By 14.00 By 2:00 pm, transfer to Phuc Tan Village where we will take a a 2 to 3 hour walk through beautiful hill side villages, magnificent rice paddies to Hang Village. The highlight on this walk is experiencing the beauty of Pu luong Nature Reserve, the everyday life and culture of the white Thai people. Become a part of local life when we are welcomed as honored guests at a traditional Thai home on stilts. Here in Hang village we will have a traditional dinner and stay the night.
Day 3-Monday: Pu Luong – Mai Chau – Hanoi (B,L)
The daily life here starts early, it will be interesting for you to get up at the first sign of day light and take part in the activities in the morning, or take a stroll around Hang village before having breakfast with our new Thai friends.
08.00 Start a trek inside the Pu Luong Nature Reserve (back on some of the same routes) then onto the main road, after a 3 hour walk, the driver will pick us up and transfer to the Poom Coong village for lunch.
14.30 Leave Mai Chau and back to Hanoi. The trip in Hanoi by around 6:00 pm. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi
Day 4- Tuesday: Hanoi City tour (B,L)
08.00 Tour guide and driver will pick you up at hotel and transfer to visit Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum, One-Pillar Pagoda, Tran Quoc Pagoda, and Vietnam museum of ethnology.
12.00 Lunch in local restaurant. In the afternoon, visit Temple of Literature. Continue visiting Hoan Kiem Lake – Ngoc Son Temple. Enjoy a cyclo ride around Hanoi Old Quarters at the end of the day.
Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Day 5- Wednesday: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Paloma Cruise (B, L, D)
08.30 Pick up and transfer to Halong Bay. 12 noon approx: Arrive Halong Bay. Welcome aboard and check in then come a relaxing lunch in the restaurant or on the outdoor dining area.
Afternoon heading to Bai Tu Long Bay, relax on the sundeck and watch the world go by or take an afternoon nap in your cabin. Early afternoon arrive at Vong Vieng floating fishing village. Drop anchor.
Disembark and travel on the sampans rowed by the local people. They will be your guides through their fishing village where you can meet the locals, visit the school and pearl farms. Back on board The Paloma we head towards Halong Bay.
We drop anchor in the calm waters surrounded by islets. Opportunity to go swimming in the clear warm waters or go kayaking.
Back on board, enjoy the sunset with evening cocktails and fresh fruit. Take an opportunity to refresh and then join friends for a pre-dinner drink in the bar.
After dinner, unwind in the bar where there is a selection of books, magazines and board games or relax in the spa; watch a movie on our plasma TV; join some of our team to go cuttle fishing at night or take a late night swim under the stars.
Accommodation and overnight on junk.
Day 6- Thursday: Halong Bay – Hanoi (B, L)
06.30 For the early risers join us for a Tai Chi session on the sun deck. Take an opportunity to view the sunrise over the Bay or have an early morning swim. Breakfast, coffee and tea and served.
After breakfast, sail through the waters and pass by a number of caves including Trong (Drum) cave, Trinh Nu (Virgin) cave, Coc Ngoi (Toad) cave and we drop anchor at Surprise (Sung Sot) Cave.
Disembark and visit Surprise Cave located on Bo Hon Island. It is one of the widest grottoes in Ha Long Bay with thousands of stalactites and stalagmites.
10.00 We board The Paloma again. Take time to refresh and relax before checking out. Bags can be left in the luggage store. An early lunch is served.
12.00 Return to the shore and disembark from The Paloma as our crew say farewell.
Transfer to Hanoi. Arrival back at your hotel approximately 16:30/17:00
Overnight at hotel in Hanoi
Day 7- Firday: Hanoi – Departure (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Free time on your own activities before transfer to the airport for for the onward flight. End of services.
Our quantity discounts:
Validate until: 31/12/2012
- Pick up and see off service in Hanoi
- Transports per program
- Welcome drink on board on Halong Bay
- 1 night on board in Halong Bay
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Homestay in Pu Luong
- Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Kayaking trip in Halong Bay
- Cyclo ride in Hanoi Old Quarters
- Water puppet show
- Welcome dinner
- Entrance fees.
- Insurance on junk
- English speaking guide.
- Drinks & other meals
- International and domestic airfares
- Travel insurance.
- Tips and other personal services.
- All rates are in US$ per person.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.